Apprenticeship in IT Technician – Level 3
Apprenticeship Salary £16,128
37 hours a week full year
Fixed term contract 18 months
From November 2021
Here at Longhill High School, we have begun a journey to outstanding and we are looking for enthusiastic, determined and inspiring staff to join us. We pride ourselves on having a bespoke staff training programme which supports further development and learning.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking ICT Technician apprentice to join the IT support team at Longhill High School. The team supports a user-base of over 1000, providing Windows clients and a mixed Windows/Linux backend.
We are looking for an individual to join our team:
- Learn to work independently and show initiative in providing an ICT support service covering a range of hardware, software and peripherals. This includes administration of the network, maintenance of related equipment and other learning resources.
- Learn to maintain aspects of the school website, database administration and occasional staff training.
- Learn to work logically and methodically to strict deadlines, as well as being reactive to issues that arise daily.
- Learn to maintain accurate manual and electronic records relating to all IT resources and work carried out.
- With excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a good sense of humour and who is committed to being involved in Longhill High School life.
- Ideally with prior experience of working in an educational setting and has a minimum Level 2 qualification in the related area or equivalent.
- To be responsible for the management of warranties relating to ICT equipment in school and learn to take charge of equipment maintenance issues.
- With a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Windows 7/10.
- With some prior knowledge or experience of Linux and domain administration being an advantage.
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly school with happy, confident children who enjoy learning.
- Caring and committed staff.
- A dynamic team willing to train and assist you in your career.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact;
Jason Bicknell at email@example.com
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume.
You can apply for this role online. Download the job details at the bottom of the advert which includes the person specification and job description. You will need this to complete the application. As you go through the application, it will explain what information you need to provide and why and there are also some branching questions to complete. Don’t forget, please read the guidance notes to help you put across your experience, skills and abilities necessary for the job you apply for.
Closing date for applications: Midday Monday 15th November 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview in the week commencing 22nd November 2021
Please read through the job pack for further information about this vacancy